Cheryl's | 1
I headed over to the L'Oréal office a few weeks ago for a skin analysis and customised facial at Cheryl's Cosmeceuticals, India's first professional skincare brand, and met with National Education Manager, Gunjan Jain, who took me through the entire process.
She started off with an introduction on the brand and how their Skin Scan app allows them to diagnose their clients skin and provide them with a possible treatment. The app also saves client information for future use. I expressed my concerns about having extremely dry, dull skin and she gave me a few tips on how to tackle them. She tested the moisture level on my skin using a Digital Moisture Analyser. The moisture levels during winter should ideally be around 30%. Mine was a measly 25%. Boo! :( Later, we went through the app after registering my information, where I was asked a few questions on my skin type, skin problems, age, etc. The app suggested going for the O2C2 Radiance treatment that tackles dullness, dryness and age spots.
The O2C2 treatment uses oxygen and natural enzymes like Papain and Bromelane that exfoliate epidermal dead/dull skin to reveal fresh, radiant skin. It releases a burst of fresh oxygen onto the skin surface to detoxify and refresh dull, tired skin. It also contains Niacinamide that helps reduce pigmentation and improves elasticity. Allantoin, Sodium PCA, Shea Butter and Almond oil help reduce pigmentation and exfoliates, hydrates and soothes the skin whereas, Zinc oxide, Micronized Titanium Dioxide and Olive Leaf extract provide protection against UV and sun damage while Vitamin C and E are powerful anti-oxidants controlling premature ageing.
Cheryl’s O2C2™ Radiance Facial treatment process:
Cheryl's O2C2 Professional Treatment is a 6 step procedure specially designed to achieve the above mentioned results. The steps include -
- Cleansing: After taking off my makeup, she cleansed and massaged my skin with cleansing milk and wiped it off with a cotton pad
- Toning: A toning agent is applied all around the face and neck to close pores
- Massaging: The toning is followed by a very relaxing massage that stimulates blood circulation
- Peel Activator+Peeling: The peel activator gently peels off dead skin cells to reveal softer, smoother skin
- Sunblock: Lastly, sunblock is sprayed onto the skin
Duration: 50-60 minutes
Price: INR 3,500+
The results were pretty instantaneous. My skin felt extremely soft and hydrated and had a subtle glow. I highly recommend going in for this treatment.
I was also given products as part of my home care kit to help maintain my skin.
My favourite of the lot is the O2C2 Radiance Lotion which I apply right before going to bed. It leaves me with soft, dewy skin in the morning. Inspired by gene science and stem cell research, it contains -
• Sodium Cocoyl Alaninate that is a potent anti-ageing agent
• Actinidia Polygama Fruit Extract that improves skin transparency
• Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract which is known to enhance skin radiance and luminosity
Price: INR 1050
The DermaShade Sunblock is super light, blend able and absorbs into the skin pretty quickly without drying it out.
Price: INR 550
The HydraMoist Moisturiser is perfect for day wear. It is quick absorbing and light and maintains moisture levels for over 6 hours.
Price: INR 450
* products and treatments available at select salons across India