A couple of days ago, I was invited to attend the launch of Himalaya's latest #FreshStart range of face washes. Since their Neem face wash is a product I swear by, I was curious to see what their new range had to offer. Himalaya is known for using organic, natural ingredients in novel ways and the Fresh Start range, available in a variety of refreshing, fruity flavours, is just that. They've addressed skin concerns faced by most of us Indians, taking our harsh weather conditions into consideration while formulating these products. All four variants - Blueberry, Strawberry, Peach and Lemon, are formulated with a unique blend of natural fruit extracts and natural beads that remove excess oil, dirt and impurities leaving your skin feeling soft, healthy and fresh.
- Blueberry contains a rich store of nutrients and antioxidants that exhibit skin-conditioning properties
- Strawberry possesses skin-conditioning properties and helps enhance the appearance of facial skin and restore suppleness
- Peach contains skin-conditioning properties, enhances the appearance of skin and restores softness and suppleness
- Lemon is known for its great skin-conditioning and astringent properties which help reduce excess facial oil
I've been religiously using these face washes ever since I got my hands on them, twice daily, alternating between them depending on my mood. Here's what I think -
I love me some well packaged products and the Fresh Start range gets full marks in this department with its colourful, quirky design. The tube is translucent which allows you to see the contents and gauge how much of it is left. Its lightweight, travel-friendly and comes with a leak-proof flip cap.
THE GOOD -
- All four variants smell amazing
- Contain natural fruit extracts and antioxidants
- Natural micro-beads exfoliate the skin
- Leaves skin feeling squeaky-clean and oil-free
- Gentle enough for daily use
- Affordable and easily available
- Doesn't cause break outs
- Travel friendly
- Suitable for normal - oily skin types
THE BAD -
- Not recommended for very dry skin types
INR 75 for 50 ml, INR 140 for 100 ml
If you’re in the market for a new range to try out, I’d say give this one a go. For me, the Lemon variant is definitely something I’m going to continue to use for a long time. Which one would you pick?